REC at PV Expo – Japan's #1 European brand of solar panels demonstrates commitment to market with tailored and high-power products
Launched in January 2017, the REC TwinPeak 2 Series will be on display. With 120 half-cut cells and rated up to 295 Wp, this new generation of the award-winning REC TwinPeak Series is the world’s highest power multicrystalline panel (60 cell).
REC is also developing a new panel specifically for the Japanese market: the REC Peak Energy 2S Mono 50 BLK. Key highlights of the new panel include:
- 50 cells, specifically for the Japanese market
- Monocrystalline technology, rated up to 250 Wp
- First 50-cell product for Japan from a European brand
A prototype of the new REC Peak Energy 2S Mono 50 BLK will be shown for the first time ever at PV Expo. Production for the new panel is planned to begin at end-Q2 2017.
REC is already a strong and trusted brand in the Japanese solar market:
- #1 European brand of panels in Japan
- Based on MW of panels manufactured by REC installed in Japan
- More than 500 MW of panels manufactured by REC installed in Japan since 2013
- Sample of brands that have used REC panels in Japan: IKEA, Suzuyoshoji, Broadcasting System of San-in (BSS)
- Multiple leading Japanese distributors that are members of exclusive REC Partner Program
- Only European brand with a solar panel specifically designed for the Japanese residential market: REC Peak Energy 2S Mono 50 BLK
“The demonstrated trust in REC by our customers is a testament to REC’s high quality in terms of products, services, and as a company,” comments Ushio Okuyama, Representative Director, Japan for REC. “REC has historically been and continues to be committed to the Japanese solar market. This is further evidenced by the market-specific REC panels in development, helping to grow the existing strong product lineup.”
Visit REC at PV Expo in Tokyo, Japan from March 1-3, 2017 at booth #E10-41.
For further information please contact:
Marketing Communications Manager, REC
Leopoldstr. 175; 80804 Munich; Germany
Phone +49 89 54 04 67-224
Email orod.amiri [at] recgroup.com
Founded in Norway in 1996, REC is a leading vertically integrated solar energy company. Through integrated manufacturing from silicon to wafers, cells, high-quality panels and extending to solar solutions, REC provides the world with a reliable source of clean energy. REC’s renowned product quality is supported by the lowest warranty claims rate in the industry. REC is a Bluestar Elkem company with headquarters in Norway and operational headquarters in Singapore. REC employs more than 2,000 people worldwide, producing 1.4 GW of solar panels annually.